Wednesday, July 23, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!

We are the proud "parents" of Miss...


Alexandra Marie Radke

Born: July 23, 2008 (Leo baby!)
Time: 5:45 A.M.
Weight: 6 Lbs, 15 oz.
Length: 19 Inches

She has a full head of dark brown/black hair--and grey/brown eyes...and it just so sweet and cute. She looks like Mommy...and has Daddy's long fingers and french-fry toes! I'm sure she'll have many more of Daddy's features as she grows and matures...(Mommy hopes so...maybe Daddy's beautiful green/hazel eyes!)



Alexandra was delivered via c-section after a 21 hour labor marathon!
Here's how it all happened...

My water broke about 8:15a on Tuesday (7/22) morning...we were checked in the hospital by 9:30a, the Pitocin was immediately administered to elicit contractions since Mommy's were not starting naturally on their own...and off to the races we went.

I requested an epidural at about 3:00p...but, definitely "felt" the contractions prior to that...no matter what folks say...it does hurt, it's not "about to die hurt" (I'm sure it is when you're 10 cm!!)...but, at that time I was about 4-5 cm...and that's all I needed...hehehe...I spent the next 8-10 hours in pain free bliss...

...then realized that the feeling on my right side was coming back...so, I got to "enjoy" feeling some of the contractions at 6-10cm...it was quite a doosy!!! But, it did help to feel them, to know when I needed to push...and push, and push, and did I say push...we tried every position...on the back, on each side...Daddy and Nana Blackwell helped so much, but, lil ms. alexandra wasn't havin' it...so, at around 3:00am...I was completely exhausted...

...and Dr. Chang decided we needed a c-section...so, off to the prep we went...aside from getting the shakes after the medication was administered...and not eating anything except ice chips all day/night/morning...the surgery and post-op were great!

...Daddy was in the operating room with me, which was so nice and comforting...he held my hand and talked to me...and even got a peek of Alexandra right out of Mommy's tummy...it was a magical, emotional and amazing experience for us both...we'll cherish these memories forever...



We were so excited when they said IT'S A GIRL!!!- so, the few (12) that voted for a girl--you all rock--and were right! (i think Daddy voted twice for a girl...hehehe j/k) he's a proud papa for sure!

Here's a few more pics of Alexandra with her proud Grandparents...

Nana Blackwell with Alexandra...



Grandpa Frank with Alexandra...



We also had visits from Aunt Sharon and Uncle Mike...and received beautiful flowers from Grandma & Grandpa Radke, Nana Blackwell and Grandpa Blackwell's company...really brightened our day!

Mommy and Daddy spent the first night together with Alexandra. Mommy is still recovering at the hospital, but progressing nicely, we'll probably check-out and go home with our little bundle of joy on Sunday...and can't wait to show Alexandra her new room...and soon, introduce her to you all!

Thanks for all your love and support along the way...and stay-tuned for many more pics!

xoxo,
Mommy, Daddy...and 'lil miss Alexandra

No comments: